Mawokota Ssaza FC will on Sunday face Buvuma at home ground, Archbishop Kasujja stadium in Buwama as they play the second leg of Buganda, @Airtel_Ug Masaza Cup quarter-finals which must be a must-win for Mawokota so as to qualify to semi-finals. #WhisperEyeNews
In the first leg at Magyo, Coach Richard Malinga’s side faced a rough weather characterized by a heavy downpour which forced the centre referee to stop the match in the 60th minute. When it stopped, the two sides came back on the pitch and the already down morale gave a 0-0 result to the game.
Whisper Eye News has learnt of the heavy mobilization of the fans base in Mawokota to support the team. We give you a brief on the major faces that are doing the task to give Buvuma a hard breath while at Buwama on Sunday 24th September 2023;
- Counsel Denis Bugaya. According to trusted sources, Counsel Bugaya the team manager has his ears on the ground through his deputies Mr. Kimogofu Yosia and Salongo Swaibu Kiyingi who are in charge of Administration and Technical respectively to mobilise the fans massively.
We are told, Brooks Agro Farm has secured tickets for the employees and the neighbouring residents to come and give support to the team while playing. For anything that Counsel Bugaya puts a hand on, it’s a must success.
He has mobilized many people from Mawokota to support the team and influenced a number of them to watch Mawokota games home and away.
- Busuulwa John. The Kiringente subcounty LC5 Councillor at Mpigi District Council who has seen his eyes steadily focused on the financial bag of the team to have what’s needed on time is heard mobilizing fans to attend what he terms as a must-win for them.
The team treasurer, Busuulwa has delivered to the expected, almost putting in place all that is needed for the team to deliver positive results.
He has mobilized many football fans based in Kiringente Sub County, and at the moment Kiringente is one of the best sub-county supporting Mawokota FC.
Mr. Busuulwa is also responsible for a conducive environment at the playground best for all football fans.
- Dr. Lawrence Mulindwa. The St. Mary’s SS Kitende, Vipers FC proprietor and former FUFA President who resides in Kanyike of Mawokota’s Kammengo Sub County is offering his ample time to mobilise support for the team and also calls for the Mawokota people to turn up massively on Sunday and support the team such that they qualify to the next level.
Our reliable source intimated to Dr. Mulindwa that he is financing a number of sports journalists for media coverage. He always buys tickets for a number of fans to support Mawokota FC.
- Hillary Innocent Kiyaga (Dr Hilderman). The musician-turned-politician serving as Mawokota North legislator has been heard in an audio making rounds of circulation on social media mobilizing all residents of Mawokota to turn up in large numbers to support their team.
MP Kiyaga all along has been support the team with huge sums of cash and gave out his constituency ambulance to the team management to use it in case there’s an emergency that needs an ambulance service during the match.
Hon Kiyaga also promised a live music performance to all Mawokota FC fans when given an opportunity on Sunday as a morale booster to the fan base to cheer up their players during the match.
- Nambogga Evelyn. The Ssaza Mawokota Youths Council vice chairperson doubling as Buganda Youths Council national treasurer is acting as the protocol officer of the team. Respected by the youth and other respected dignitaries, Nambogga is working hard to have more fans at the playground to have their team make it.
She has mobilized many fans to watch games especially the youths. Ms Nambogga is the one behind Miss Tourism contestants who work as ushers during Mawokota FC home games.
Watching almost all Mawokota FC games this season, and mobilizing Kabaka’s subjects in Mawokota to support their team.
- Ssejjemba Martine. The youthful LC5 district chairperson of Mpigi has been a diehard fan of the team. Ssejjemba is always seen having almost half of his district council at the playground to support the team.
7. Dr. Joel Mirembe. The Uganda Medical Association President in charge of the central region had his candidature for Mawokota South MP seat in 2021 watered down by FDC’s Yusuf Nsibambi. However, the Bukunge-Nkozi-born Joel Mirembe Nsubuga has for all the time been an influential supporter of his Ssaza football team and again, urges all people of Kituntu, Nkozi, Kayabwe and Buwama to turn up in large numbers and cast support for their team.
8. Harriet Nabakooza. She serves as the Mpigi Town Council LC5 Woman Councillor ant the District. Nabakooza is a staunch supporter of Mawokota and has travelled with the team anytime, anywhere during the group stages. Nabakooza will mobilise the people of Mpigi town council who believe in her mobilization abilities to support the team.
Ms. Nabakooza enjoys watching Mawokota FC, is a football fan that you can’t afford to miss seeing her cheering the boys in the stands.
- Oweek. Matovu Stephen Muliika. He’s a professional Biology teacher serving as the Kabaka’s chief for Mumyuka Kammengo. Together with his deputy Omuk. Sarah Nannono Kaweesi, their mobilization skills and abilities are unique and always stood by the team in fetching support from the fans. This time, they will mobilise Kammengo massively.
10. Mubiru Fahad ‘Bijodolo’. If you have ever attended any Mawokota match, theres a pool of fans traveling on a Fuso fighter beating a huge drum. This is team “Sseeyeeya” deriving their name from the drum they move with.
Mr. Bijodolo heads this team and it scares away many opponents. This time, team “Sseeyeeya” is set to take on their entertaining job which creates a tough atmosphere at Archbishop Kasujja Memorial Stadium Buwama.
11. Nkinga Abdul Rashid. He’s the Buwama Town Council Mayor, where the playground is located. Nkinga is experienced in mobilizing communities and he has a natural love from the local residents.
This has for time given positive results as far as mobilizing fans and support for the team are concerned. Nkinga says let Buvuma come to Buwama and face the roughest of Mawokota’s fans as far as ululation is concerned.
He has attended all Mawokota FC matches this season home and away.
- Shiekh Kasule Arafaat Makondeere. The Abdussalaam Islamic Center, Bboza proprietor Sheikh Kasule Makondeere has attended every match, either away, or at home.
He always travels with many other fans and greatly supports the team. Makondeere will this time have to mobilise more other fans to see Mawokota making it to the next level.
Shiekh Makondeere can not leave the playground without visiting the camp to buy water for the footballers of Mawokota FC.
- Hon. John Bosco Lubyayi. The Mityana Deputy RDC and Former Mawokota South MP Lubyayi’s home is just 10 meters away from the playground. For so long, Lubyayi has supported the team and since it’s a weekend, he will mobilise the fans in Buwama town to spectate the game.
14. Cyrus Baker Ssempijja. Cyrus is currently the chairperson of Finance Committee of Mpigi District. He has stood by the team on all home and away games. His mobilization skills will fetch more fans on Sunday. He has mobilized the Kayabwe town council as well as bought some tickets.
15. Kawuki Simone Peter: He is a human rights activist, a Ugandan Lawyer specialising in Family, Property, Land, human rights and criminal, and the founder and the executive director of the African Fraternity for Justice Peace and Development (Afrojped).
He is passionate about serving humanity by advocating for peace and justice in all sectors of life.
He has watched almost all home games for Mawokota FC at Archbishop Kasujja Memorial Stadium Buwama, cheering the boys from the crowd, watching him supporting the team is a motivation to many fans from Mawokota.
- Ssalongo Ssozi Ben. The Super FM Mpigi-based reporter doubling as Mawokota Ssaza Executive head of publicity and information is a football die-hard and mobilises many from Mpigi Town Council and across the whole county.
Sources say that he offers some drums to Mawokota FC Sseyeeya team a renowned group of football fans across Buganda Kingdom.
- Nkolo Eddi Mpagi: Former Councillor of Kiringente Sub County has mobilized many fans to support the team and made a number of audio and video clips mobilizing Kabaka’s subjects to support their team.