Shocking: Kawempe north MP Latif Ssebaggala set to withdrawal from Kampala mayoral race, gives five reasons.Whisper Eye Reports
Shocking news from Kamwokya indicates that four-five-years term Kawempe north legislator has withdrawn from Kampala mayoral race in his party primaries National Unity Platform (NUP) party.
MP Latif Ssebaggala has given five reasons for his withdrawal from the race in his letter.
- In his letter, MP Latif Ssebaggala blames the NUP Elections and Management commission for lack of clear internal driving system – “everybody makes decision”.
- Secondary NUP members supporting non NUP members, “e.g for Lord mayorship”. MP Latif Ssebaggala said that many NUP members are supporting non NUP candidates and top leadership has failed to address this issue.
- MP Latif Ssebaggala blames NUP top leadership for promoting discrimination inside the party. “There are many groups fighting each other within NUP and this is not healthy for the success of the party”.
- MP Latif Ssebaggala also cited influence of Forum of Democratic Change (FDC) party within top management of NUP party. He said that it is very dangerous for an independent party to be controlled by another party in decision making.
- Lastly haji Latif Ssebaggala also showed up his dissatisfaction about the memorandum which was agreed upon by the NUP party leaders about his Kampala Lord mayorship bid.
Therefore, he has made a powerful statement and he has withdrawn from the race.
According to NUP Elections management commission rules, now dedicates that Singer Chameleone is the NUP flag bearer for Kampala Lord mayor 2021.
Haji Latif Ssebaggala’s team decided that the MP is to contest for Kawempe north parliamentary seat come 2021 for the fifth term.